Monday, August 10, 2009

Very interesting nomination news out of Ottawa Centre


I have had more than a couple Conservative friends of mine tell me that Bruce Kyereh-Addo, who was wrongfully disqualifed by a CUSA Electoral Board stacked with supporters of the pro-CFS slate after he rightfully was elected CUSA President with 1744-1569 votes over Erik Halliwell is pursuing the federal Conservative nomination for the riding of Ottawa Centre.
I was proud to support Bruce when he ran for CUSA President, and while I will be supporting the Liberal candidate in Ottawa Centre, I am glad to see that Bruce is continuing to seek an active role in public life. When Bruce ran, he had both Liberals and Conservatives in his corner, and I can only hope that his team-building skills results in an Ottawa Centre campaign that is more focused on the real issues than crass partisanship.

2 comments:

Dean Tester said...

You certainly aren't going to be the only campus Liberal put in the predicament of choosing between their party and a good friend. As long as we take it to the dippers, it's all good ;)

Unknown said...

Honestly, Red or Blue is better than the Orange dot we have in the center of our city. I think the big question is if we will see former Liberals starting to see the Conservative Party as the new Big Tent Center Party.

And I agree with Dean that as long as we stick it to those CFS-supporting dippers a lot of Conservatives in Ottawa Center support Yasir Naqvi (also a Carleton student until recently) because he is the stronger candidate to beat out the dippers and I hope we will see a similar situation with Bruce.

Bruce is going to be the man who takes back Ottawa Center!